Subject: [Leica] Re:filters on a 15 mm Heliar
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 11:02:56 +0200

>I'd like to occasionally use filters on my 15mm Voigtländer/Cosina
>Heliar--at least a K-2 filter outdoors. It seems to me that if i got a
>series VI slip-on adaptor ring and series VI to VII & VII to VIII step up
>rings, series VIII filters would be large enough not to vignette as,
>I imagine, series VI & VII filters would (besides, I already have a few
>series VIII filters for a 300 mm
>Kilfit telephoto). How have others used filters on this lens?
>Bob Marvin

I have hand held a 60 mm orange filter in front of the 15mm. Not
always with success, but often enough to keep me from using the sort
of devices you are thinking of. But I have never shot with the sun in
the back shining directly on the filter. Also I am worried about
scatching the filter. But if you just need the filter occasionally,
try to hand hold it (and hold it as centered as you can!).
Chris
- --
Christer Almqvist
D-20255 Hamburg, Germany and/or