Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Hexar Rangefinder accuracy with Leica Lenses
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 06:43:42 -0500

Howard,

From someone who _has_ put his money where his Hexar is, I can assure you it
is a joy to shoot with.  In situations where absolute silence is not
required, I don't miss winding by hand one bit.  Having AE, 1/4000s top
shutter speed, 1/125s synch are all great pluses.  I can see the 35 mm
framelines without having to hunt around, and the rangefinder doesn't flare
up the way it often does in my M6 TTL.

I'd say go for it--it's the perfect complement to an M body.  If you can
check out the rangefinder alignment with your Leica lens(es) before you buy
it (or else buy from Joseph Yao, who will do so for you), you've eliminated
the one potential problem with this camera, IMO.

Dan