Subject: Re: [Leica] ASA, exposing, developing, T400CN
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@telalink.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 12:06:38 -0600

snipped:
>I've been using a lot of 35mm Kodak T400CN lately. But for you MF folks, it
>now comes in 220 Pro Packs. I shot some 220 over the weekend and processed
>it last night. I really like this stuff (35mm & 220.) Wide ASA latitude
>(meaning it is difficult to make a mistake) and wide latitude in
>processing. Very pushable. The negatives are always easily printable, very
>fine grain, and sharp. It seems to be very difficult to block-up the
>highlights into oblivion. Likewise, there always seems to be some shadow
>density, regardless of the scene dynamic range and brightness. I'm getting
>addicted to this stuff.
>
>FWIW,
>
>Jim

Jim,

Tell more about processing this stuff. Especially the pushing part.
I had my first C41 processing adventure last week. All Ilford XP2 film -
came out fine but there were some adventures in using my Jobo CPE2.

All the reasons you gave above are why I like XP2 so much.
I might try T400 again when I hear your details.

Henry Ambrose