Subject: Re: [Leica] STOP WORRYING ABOUT YOUR LEICAS
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 13:26:05 -0800

Mark Cohen wrote:

> I've never dropped a Leica, and thus never had a rangefinder go out of
> alignment..  I have dropped a Hasselblad though..
>
> One can say I have my priorities straight. ;)
>
> -Mark

My Hasselblad when flying out of my hands on a side road in Cannon Beach here in
Oregon and it when skidding down the middle of the street.
A 500C/M i bought for 500 bucks.
It had an 80 CF lens with a lens hood on it and a folding finder.

It landed mostly on the lens hood which cracked like it think it was designed to.

The camera works perfectly now like it always has. It's a cube with a mirror in it.
A more elegant design never existed. I say Phooey to the prisms and the big lenses.
But would kill for a 100 or 120 macro.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon
USA
updated temporary Website by "Foxy": http://spokenword.to/rabiner/
(consisting of late night E-mail descriptions of photos)

i fixed the lens hood with some black epoxy

Replies: Reply from "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] STOP WORRYING ABOUT YOUR LEICAS)