Subject: Re: [Leica] DOF DOESN'T EXIST! (was: how can the 75 Lux focusgo bad?)
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 15:52:41 -0500

Mark Rabiner jotted down the following:

> DOF for me is lining up what i want in focus so it fits in between the 8's and
> then shooting at f11.

Yep, that's exactly what I do too.  To me, most of the time, it looks good,
but then I rarely print over 8x10" and never over 11x14".  BTW -- if you
shoot things at "infinity" and want DOF to cover that, there was an
interesting article some time back in (I think) Photo Techniques about how
you can get better looking photographs by focussing at infinity and using a
small aperture size.  I think it might also be on the web.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     | Authors should never agree to reading
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | thier own work to an audience: Authors
email: howard.390@osu.edu         | are writers. Not readers.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] DOF DOESN'T EXIST! (was: how can the 75 Lux focusgobad?))