Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW 6: Rick's Hands
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 16:25:50 -0500

Nathan Wajsman jotted down the following:

> Matt,
>
> I like it too, except that I would crop it a little tighter to eliminate
> some of the dead black space.
>
> Nathan
>
> Matt Kollasch wrote:
>
>> This was taken during a practice session last Thursday night ~  Comments
>> welcome.  Thanks. /matt
>> http://www.uni.edu/kollasch/photo/paw/pages/week-06.htm

Nathan, I respectfully disagree.  You need the space above: it isn't "dead",
it's a reminder that there is a guitarrist playing the instrument.  It adds
proportion, and a slight air of mystery.  I also like the dark tones above
the light ones: a reversal of what you typically see.  In all, I think is is
a superb photograph.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                 | Super Cali goes ballistic, Celtics are
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU   | atrocious.
email: howard.390@osu.edu     |       -- British sports headline.