Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: DOF
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 09:46:02 -0500

on 2/7/01 9:48 PM, austin@darkroom.com at austin@darkroom.com wrote:

> I believe you are 'confusing' DOF on the film with DOF on the printed image at
> viewed distance.  They are different.  Even on the print, then again at viewed
> distance have different 'DOF' too.  I believe I posted previously on this, and
> why.

Not to be argumentative, but you have to view the film at some
magnification, don't you? How can you establish DOF on the film without this
as a parameter? Or are you  referring to the point at which the lens
resolution exceeds the film resolution, so that variations in resolution of
the projected image on the film aren't captured??

- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com