Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Leicaholic
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 10:57:03 -0800

- -----Original Message-----
From: goldframe1@yahoo.com [mailto:goldframe1@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2001 1:00 PM
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

The incubation period for subsequent episodes, once someone has had an
initial full-blown outbreak, becomes shorter and shorter.  Also the effects
are cumulative and, as Martin points out, almost exponential is magnitude.
It's a pitiful sight when someone has progressed to the advanced stages -
others who's illness not reached the final stages must plug their ears and
look away or they too will start muttering - D O F  -  B  O  K  E  H  - C  A
L  I  B  R  A  T  I  O  N    O  F   75  M  M......   L  U  G......  ugh
Fortunately it is seldom fatal.   Bo)

I dunno - I distinctly heard a death threat when my wife counted my M6 bodies recently and then asked "And by the way, where did that Konica come from????"

It is funny that Martin nailed the syndrome so accurately.  I got back into Leicas 3 years ago with an M3 SS and a DR Summicron.  All I'd ever need, yup you bet - just me an' ol' HCB doin' our 50mm thing.  Ah, the innocence of youth...

My trip to Belize starting tomorrow requires the use of a Domke J2 and a few back-to-back lens couplers.

Paul