Subject: [Leica] The Bang-Bang Club [OT]
From: "Hugo Lopes" <hal@netc.pt>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 15:10:58 -0000

Forgive me if this is old news, but I've just finished reading this
excellent book: "The Bang Bang Club" by Greg Marinivich & Joao Silva.
It's the true story of 4 photographers that documented the final bloody
days of South African apartheid. The story is told by Greg Marininovich,
one of the two surviving members of the "Bang Bang Club" a nickname
given to them by the South African  international press for the fearless
extremes they went in order to take pictures.I know this is a bit
off-topic but this is a great book, that I recommend to anyone who is
curious to know how it is the life of a photojournalist in a conflict
situation. Highly recommended.

Hugo