Subject: Re: [Leica] Depth of field summary with regard to the argument at hand
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@telalink.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 20:31:54 -0600

I swore to myself that I would no longer participate in the DOF
discussion.

BUT!!!!!!!!

John Collier wrote in part:
>As the size of the film format
>used with a particular focal length of lens affects the size that a subject
>will be reproduced, the larger the film format gives a smaller subject size
>in a standardised final output as compared to a smaller film format, it is
>an important factor in calculating the depth of field.

If you change only the film size the image size does not change.
Whether there is a 35mm film or a 4X5 film behind your 35 Summicron the
image will still be the same 24X36mm at the plane of focus - so nothing
changes.

Do you mean a 35mm focal length lens that would cover the larger piece of
film ?
Does angle of view have any thing to do with this film size issue?

Henry