Subject: [Leica] Re: infrared again (watch this space)
From: leica@rakitzis.com
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 10:02:26 -0800

>Are you metering through the lens?  When I use Kodak HIE with my Leica, I
>meter through a B+W 092 filter and set my EI to 1250.  Typical settings in
>daylight are (from memory) 1/125 @ f5.6.

>I'm using an older Wetzlar ere M6 with original (non blinking) meter.
>Perhaps it is more sensitive to IR than current models.

I'm not metering through the lens but this is not HIE, it's Maco IR 820.

My settings at daylight were f22 @ 1sec.

I estimated the EI at 6, and metered accordingly.

Maybe the questionable part is how I arrived at EI6. If you just take
5 stops off ISO100 (which is what the box says) you get to EI1.5.
That's probably much closer to the speed I needed to be using yesterday.

Byron.