Subject: Re: [Leica] focus inaccuracies: my test results
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@telalink.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 12:53:12 -0600

Dante wrote in part:

>I am endlessly amused by this thread, but I think we should all take stock of
>the following:

>(1)     The argument that if a body doesn't couple to a lens at the closest
>distance a lens will turn to, we should replace it with another M6 is silly.
>If you read Dan's post, it said that BOTH cameras (M6 and Hexar) decoupled at
>the closest distance the lens RING would go to.

But Dan says the 35 and 50 focused properly.

>> While the 35 and 50 focus accurately all the way down on the M6, they quit
>> engaging the rangefinder on the Hexar after .7 meters

I said that if they did not work properly on his Hexar to get another M6
to replace the Hexar. I bet they work fine on an M6. His other M6 works
properly. Maybe they will modify the Hexar to work but then will it work
with Hexar glass?

Or just don't use them on the Hexar. Problem solved!

Mixing different brands of lenses and cameras is hit or miss.
If it works, you are lucky. Its defintely a case of YMMV.

I don't think either Leica or Konica has any responsibility in this issue
unless they claim full compatability of their products - which they don't.

Now when you have a Leica lens on an Leica camera thats another matter.
I would expect it to work perfectly.

Henry