Subject: Re: [Leica] Advise wanted re 400mm
From: "Bill Christensen" <williamc@speedsite.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 15:40:17 -0600

Gerry,

The 400 Teyt is a superb optic.  It has great color transmission and field
flatness is ever so slightly biased toward the foreground, which helps in
images with limited DOF.   You won't regret going for it.

One concern is the use of a 2X extender with the 400.  It would be
incredibly slow and you may experience slight vignetting in the corners with
the lens wide open.  One alternative would be to pick up the 1.4x APO
extender, which would give you about a 560 mm lens.  In over 20 years of
shooting, I have only once needed an optic longer than 560.

Enjoy the lens!

Bill Christensen