Subject: Re: [Leica] Depth of field summary with regard to the argument at hand
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 20:16:10 -0700

Well I am not sure that "discernible" should be part of the equation. Both
the wart on the tip of my nose and the tip of my nose will be adversely*
affected moving the plane of focus away from them. The fact that the wart
disappears first does not mean that the tip of the nose is being rendered
sharper. As I am of the age that my peers are busy reproducing with careless
disregard, I see my share of blurry photos that draw oohs and aahs from the
crowd. I do not myself feel that because you have a vague idea the child is
Caucasian and has at least one eye that they have nailed the focus.

John Collier

Who again says, with regard to the large issue, "And your point is?"

*Opinions varied in an AOA survey I did this morning :-)

Replies: Reply from "Jason Hall" <JASON@jbhall.freeserve.co.uk> (Re: [Leica] Depth of field summary with regard to the argument athand)