Subject: [Leica] Darkroom Sinks
From: William Gower <w.gower@home.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 22:29:48 -0400

Regarding an inexpensive darkroom sink - has a custom fabricated PVC sink
been mentioned ?

I'm about 18 months away from a real darkroom, but I got thinking about
portable darkrooms and I found this baby on the net:

www.darkrooms.net

...but at 13K, it's a bit out of the budget. So I drafted up my own plans
for a portable darkroom similar to the Zig, but with a few modifications.
One being the use of PVC over stainless for the sink.

I contacted a shop (via the Yellow Pages under "plastics") and got a quote
for a 30 x 18 x 60 PVC sink for under 150 CDN - including a drain. Schedual
80 PVC is really heavy stuff - thick enough that it can be welded with hot
air and PVC filler rods. The advantage of welded PVC is that you don't have
to worry about the normal PVC glue being dissolved over time by
photo-chemicals (and your sink falling apart).

Now I'm hunting for a enlarger.

just a thought

William