Subject: Re: [Leica] WTB: 40.5mm metal lens hood
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 01:03:45 -0500

Marc James Small wrote, in part:

> At 06:31 PM 2/11/2001 -0500, Martin Howard wrote:
>>
>> Sorry for the late message: Friday came and went in a mist of confusion.
>>
>> I'm looking for a metal lens hood for my 50mm f/1.5 Jupiter-3 lens.  The
>> model I'd like most would be a vented metal Hoya design that screws into the
>> filter thread (which is 40.5mm).  However, I'll consider other options too.
>> If you have one -- or know of where I can find one -- please email me.
>
> Good God, man, why Hoya?  Zeiss Ikon made a slew of these, readily
> available, as did the SPS photo industries.  And Nikon also made a bunch.

I didn't know, but I suppose I could have figured it out given the history
of the Juptier-3.  And these Zeiss, SPS, and Nikon hoods don't come with
collector's prices?

> Me?  In today's market I'd go for Harrison & Harrison, those fine purveyors
> of fine lens accessories, inexpensive and, well, wonderful to deal with.

Do they have a website?

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     | It's not who you are, it's who they
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | think you know that counts.
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |        -- Anonymous namedropper.