Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Help on loupes, leica loupe
From: Nathan Wajsman <belgiangator@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 04:07:50 -0800 (PST)

As Gerry said, it is important to have a good loupe. I
have a Schneider 6x loupe for 35mm. I chose that over
the Leica mainly because of the higher magnification.
The Leica is very nice as well.

For medium format I use a Bill Maxwell 4x loupe which
is designed to cover the 6x7 format and therefore
works perfectly for my square Rollei slides and negs.

Neither of these loupes is cheap but both are worth
it. I am not aware of medium format loupes which give
a good enough magnfication for 35mm--most are 3x or 4x
at most. If there were, say, a 6x MF loupe, I would
buy it and use it for both formats.

But again, do not skimp on it.

Nathan
HI,