Subject: [Leica] cheap loupes
From: Andrew Moore <dmm@bronze.lcs.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 12:04:08 -0500 (EST)

> > You guys who use camera lenses as loupes are joking right?   Because maybe

> Not joking! I use a Nikor 85mm for my neg loupe.

I too use the Nikkor 85 (/1.8).  The /1.4 worked well too (no longer have
that).  But one of my all-time favorite loupes is a handheld, plastic
slide viewer that I bought for $3.00.  I like it so much I bought two
(splurged).  Just bought another recently, for a friend, and the price has
gone up for $4.95.  I guess they must know they're good...!  I don't use
it for critical work but I've never had to.