Subject: Re: [Leica] Friday WTB: Leica R 35-70/2.8 ASPH. ROM
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 15:18:30 -0500

Jem Kime wrote, in part:

> Leica say, in effect, that there could be 1000 sales to be made from a lens
> which would sell at over 1000 UKP, that mean's 1m UKP business! And they
> turn it down?

This is Leica.  I sometimes get the impression that they think manufacturing
is just too much of a bother and would half the time be happier if they
didn't have to do it, instead producing glossy brochures of their glorious
past and writing about how optically superb their (unavailable) lenses
are... ;)

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       |     It's all about 'interface'
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Friday WTB: Leica R 35-70/2.8 ASPH. ROM)