Subject: Re: [Leica] Is Photography Real...
From: Steven Alexander <alexpix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 15:53:50 -0500

on 2/13/01 3:35 PM, B. D. Colen at bdcolen@earthlink.net wrote:

> We've at one time or another kicked around the subject of whether
> photography is a literal art, or as interpretative as any other art....
>
> So last night I am reading in The Tao of Photography and the subject is
> being discussed. And the following allegedly true story is told...
>
> P. Picaso is painting a woman's portrait, and her husband is watching,
> becoming more horrified by the minute. Finally he can take it no longer:
>
> "That doesn't look anything like my wife," says He Who Ought To Know.
>
> "Well, what does your wife look like?" PP asks.
>
> The man fishes in his wallet and hands Picaso a photo of the woman.
> "THIS," he says, "is what my wife looks like."
>
> Picaso stares at the image for a few moments and then hands it back,
> saying, "Awfully tiny, isn't she?"
>
> Discuss amongst yourselves.
>
> /s/
>
> TLFKAG
Dear g-d,

I followed your advice and purchased the book and find it much better
reading that most books with photography in the title and in fact best read
about creativity since Right Brain Drawing, or whatever and Fear of Art.

Thanks

Steven Alexander

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Is Photography Real...)