Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicaflex or Leica M ?
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 08:11:20 +0100

Tim,

Maybe I wrote it too strongly, I was just trying to contrast the typical application of
rangefinder vs. reflex. You are of course right, one can take wonderful landscapes with a
rangefinder, and I do so, both with the M and in medium format with my Fuji GSW690III. But surely
you will agree that the raison d'etre for a rangefinder is wide-angle, snapshot-type photography.

Nathan

Tim Spragens wrote:

> On 13 Feb 2001, at 18:49, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>
> > if you shoot landscapes and other non-moving objects, then an SLR will fit your needs best.
>
> Nathan, why the above? I haven't found any great difficulties
> shooting landscapes, cityscapes, sculptures with an M or other
> rangefinders. Where do you find a great advantage?
>
> Tim S.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland