Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Elmarit-M 28mm f/2.8 Vs Elmarit-R 28mm f/2.8
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <joseph@yao.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 22:19:28 +0800

Adrian,

Well said, I could not have said it better.

The latest version Elmarit-M 28/2.8 (11809) was indeed introduced in 1993,
followed by the three-cam version of the Elmarit-R 28/2.8 a year later in
1994.  The current Elmarit-R 28/2.8 ROM (11333) has been around since 1996
but optically identical to the three-cam version.

I guess if Mr. Sham has M cameras only then the Elmarit-M is the 'better'
lens for him.  If he has R cameras only the R lens would be the 'better'
lens.  If he has both M and R cameras he ought to buy both lenses, as this
will save him lots of sleepless nights.

Cheers,

Joseph