Subject: [none]
From: Tom Finnegan <TomF@piengr.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 09:56:02 -0800

Unfortunately (for all of you), neither my computer or dog ate my homework
this week. The dog did do a little suspicous sniffing of the negatives, and
had I dropped them on the floor she probably would have at least attempted
to eat them, but no such luck.

This last weeks Leica adventures found me over in the somewhat remote Methow
Valley in north central Washington for a winter work retreat. I have a bit
of a confession to make now. At the evening party, for the first time ever I
swear, I used a flash on my M6. I accidently aquired the little flash
(Vivitar 202?) from my dad when he gave me his old Nikon FM. The FM was of
course promptly traded in for a Leicaflex SL, but the flash has been sitting
around unused. Under most circumstances, for me, I find the use of flash
somewhat intrusive and obnoxious. In this particular case, the lighting was
so dim and murky I would have had problems recording anything at all, even
shoooting at ASA 3200 wide open at 1.4. Since most of my coworkers were
already drunk and running around and blasting each other with little
disposable cameras, I went pretty much unnoticed. Those who are faint of
heart and find the use of flash shocking and amoral may wish to avoid
looking at the alternates.

I should also mention that one of the alternates was actually taken by my
daughter last year at this time, she was four. I was shooting my first roll
of film through a newly aquired IIIf and 50/3.5. After I took a picture of
her and mom, she insisted on taking several pictures without any help or
assistance from dad.

Any or all comments welcomed, academic codswallop optional.

2001 PAW
http://www.zing.com/album/?id=4293118291

retroactive 2000 PAW
http://www.zing.com/album/?id=4293118247