Subject: Re: [Leica] Friday WTB: Leica R 35-70/2.8 ASPH. ROM
From: Pascal <cyberdog@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 19:41:42 +0100

On 13-02-2001 02:39, John Collier wrote:

>Do not forget the distributors and all their related costs*; and the
>dealers, if you have a Leica lens on the shelf for three years, there is not
>that much profit there at all.

It often makes me wonder why we can't cut the (very often inefficient)
middle man and order at Leica directly at significantly reduced prides.

Currently, you can order on the premises in Solms, at the Leica Shop, but
prices are identical to the German suggested retail prices ("protecting"
dealers and importers I guess -- the end user is of little concern in the
matter).

Pascal
NO ARCHIVFE

Visit my Leica pages at http://members.nbci.com/cyberplace
<<< PGP public key available upon request >>>

Replies: Reply from "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com> (Re: [Leica] Friday WTB: Leica R 35-70/2.8 ASPH. ROM)