Subject: Re: [Leica] No more PAWs...
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 04:33:47 -0500

Gerhard Paulman wrote, in part:

> My NT servers stay up for over a year routinely.  In fact, we take them down
> for maintenance only.

Comparing stability of servers and personal computers is often an unfair
comparison.  Servers typically only do a few things, but over and over
again.  New software is installed on them relatively rarely, and they
typically do not serve as production or development environment.  Personal
computers, however, are at the mercy of the whims of their owners ;)

M.

- --
Martin Howard                    | "We learned that there is no such thing
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU      | as a free launch".
email: howard.390@osu.edu        |   -- Dr P. Murdin on Cluster II launch