Subject: [Leica] Re: WANT TO KNOW IF A "Luftwaffen Eigentun" IS A FAKE
From: "Hugo Lopes" <hal@netc.pt>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 00:20:45 -0000

george day wrote:

> How alone would I be, amongst Leica buffs, in finding that the
tastelessness
> of collecting Nazi mementoes extends to cameras?

Here in Europe, especially in France and Germany there is a growing
concern about III Reich memorabilia collecting. It seems like that
people fear that someone is/becomes a nazi just out of collecting these
thing, which is of course, ridiculous. I love WWII history and
everything that goes with it. Have you thought that some people just
like to collect historical items? I don't think a true nazi is going to
collect Leicas. Either we like it or not, Leica sold cameras to the III
Reich. They correspond to a particular piece of Europe's and Leica's
history. Personally, I would like to own a Luftwaffe Leica, just as I
would like to own any other rare/historical Leica.

Hugo

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: WANT TO KNOW IF A "Luftwaffen Eigentun" IS A FAKE)