Subject: [Leica] Re: Voigtlander 75mm
From: Douglas Cooper <douglas@dysmedia.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 20:09:58 -0500

On 2/15/01 5:19 PM, Leica Users digest expressed the following:

> Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about it?
> Price seems good, but what about performance.

As I've posted before:  I adore this lens.  By far my favorite of the
Voigt/Cosinas (and I've had the 15mm, the 25mm, and the 35 classic).
Perfect transition from (extremely) sharp foreground to nicely blurred
background.  Gives a Leica-like halo to the sharp image, setting it off.
The ergonomics are stunning:  the focusing and aperture rings are almost
perfect, and the built-in hood is truly convenient.  I would say my only
concern is the build quality -- yes, it's significantly lighter than a Leica
lens of that size, but I suspect it won't be around quite as long.  I mean,
it's well built, but not heavily built.

And the price is just silly, given the quality.

Douglas Cooper
http://www.dysmedia.com