Subject: [Leica] Nazi Paraphernalia Punch cards from hell!!!
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 18:08:08 -0800

Hugo Lopes wrote:

> >I think they were part of the I.G. Farben consortium, but if a finger
> were
> >to be pointed- what about BASF (Badische Anilin und SodaFabrik)- every
> time
> >I see their commercials on TV I add to their blurb- "yes, the wonderful
> >people who brought us Zyklon-B...."
> >I have to admit, I do not knowingly buy BASF products....
> >Dan
>
> A couple of questions Dan:
> - Have you ever owned a Ford? (Henry Ford donated money to the Nazi
> party before the war)
> - Do you read Newsweek? (They elected Hitler man of the year in 36)
> - Do you own an IBM (see the latest news)
><Snip>

From CNN
http://www.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/europe/02/12/ibm/index.html
The book includes gruesome allegations that concentration camps used IBM punch
cards to categorize                         victims: homosexuals rated No. 3,
Jews No. 8, Gypsies No. 12.

IBM, as a nearly exclusive supplier of database equipment to the Third Reich,
fed their demand not out                         of Nazi sympathies but from a
desire to dominate global markets for its products, Black argues.

The punch-card-machine -- the mainframe computer of its day -- dates back to
1890, when Herman                         Hollerith, a German American, first
built them to compile the U.S. population census.

(And the part i love the most!!!:)
IBM remains one of the world's largest suppliers of databases and Hollerith
punch cards are the same                         technology blamed for the
election counting problems in Florida in last year's U.S. presidential election.

One of the machine made by the company -- believed to have been used in the 1933
German census,                         the year the Nazis took power -- is on
display at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington.

What about Television?
And jets?

Cant we sue NBC and Boeing?

mark rabiner