Subject: Re: [Leica] Elmarit 2.8/28 mm M lens
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 11:36:13 -0500

tm wrote:

> I'm contemplating buying the above lens so as to have the ability to shoot
> beyond the 64 degree angle of my 35 mm Summicron at times, even though the
> Elmarit goes only to 76 degrees. Can anybody extol the virtues of this
> additional degree of coverage and, if recommendable, indicate why? Thanks!
>
> Terry
A 35 is, in my view, a normal lens, that allows you to get more of the
environment in your shots than, say, a 50. With a 28 your are beginning
to step into wide angle territory. There is distortion there, if you
want it, and virtually none of you don't. It will give you more latitude
when shooting in doors, in terms of getting more people, environment,
what ever, into a shoot in tightish places. It's still a pretty tame
lens...but it is a good compromise as wide's go....

B. D.

A 20-21 Kinda Guy

Replies: Reply from Bill Satterfield <cwsat@istate.net> (Re: [Leica] Elmarit 2.8/28 mm M lens)