Subject: [Leica] Leica-meter repair
From: ISILVERMN@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 11:53:39 EST

E.Lo wrote:

< It could be the humidity hereā€¦ getting another used item doesn't seem to be
a reliable option.>

The Leica M-Meters were originally manufactured under subcontract to
Metrawatt AG.  I don't know if they are still in business under that name.

I recently had an MR-4 meter repaired by George Milton at Quality
Light-Metric.  The original quote was $65.00, which became $84.00 when he
discovered some internal corrosion upon disassembly.  I considered the cost
reasonable. Turn around time from when I sent the meter out until it was
delivered to my door was 7 calendar days - including a call-back from George
to advise me of the higher cost.

Although I'm generally satisfied with the performance and convenience of the
MR-4 meter, that doesn't prevent me from taking a Luna-Pro F along with me,
for any number of reasons.

Best,

Ira Silverman

Replies: Reply from "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica-meter repair)