Subject: Re: [Leica] One way to get a 35-70 lens?
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 21:31:29 -0500

B. D. Colen jotted down the following:

> I know, I know, I'll once again be accused of thinking I'm either God
> or, even better, Brian ;-), but come on, folks, can we think of a more
> inane way to waste band width?

If sense had anything to do with owning Leicas, we'd all be shooting Canon
Rebels instead with 28-200mm zooms instead.  Personally, I find it a
strangely alluring mixture of fascination and outright horror at the
prospect that someone can become so desparate for a Leica lens that they are
willing to foot the bill for the manufacture of 1,000 units, just to get one
of them.  I'm following this thread with the secret hope that I never make
enough money to find myself in a position to do a similar thing -- knowing
full well that I probably would... ;)

BTW -- I've noticed that this is the second time in as many weeks that
people have called for an end to discussion on topics that are either about
Leica, or about photography.  Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something about
the LUG, but isn't that *exactly* the purpose of this list?

And to answer your question, B.D.: "no", we can't think of a more innane way
to waste the bandwidth.  But give us a few days, and we're guaranteed to
come up with something else ;)

M.

- --
Martin Howard               | "...key features are the distinctive rear
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU | lighting clusters that make the Maserati
email: howard.390@osu.edu   | 3200GT instantly recognizable to anyone
www: http://mvhoward.i.am/  | overtaken by it."  -- Maserati sales lit.

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] One way to get a 35-70 lens?)