Subject: Re: [Leica] Friday WTB: Leica R 35-70/2.8 ASPH. ROM
From: apbbeijing <apbbeijing@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 11:18:25 +0800

> How can this one be possibly improved optically?

In the field Pascal, in the field.

Having reached the limits of technical feasibility a decade or two ago Leica
now aims for the limits of farcical incredulity: a fecund field bar none.

It is no wonder that (99%+ of) the pros of the photo world went with the
laughably substandard Nikon and Canon versions of this lens 10-15 years ago
rather than hanging on for the non-existent but oh-so-superior Leica one...

I wonder who Leica consults for their product designs - we know it isn't the
photographers that use them but now it seems that it is not the engineers
that make them either. Hmmmm....Perhaps it is the undergraduates of Solms
Polytechnic or the handbag gurus of Hermes. Who knows where the Leica
'Fascination durch Präzision' originates? Pass the Noctilux, Hektor I think
I need another large glass of single Schnapps.

Adrian
- --
Adrian Bradshaw
Corporate and Editorial Photography