Subject: Re: [Leica] Two quick questions, please
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: 19 Feb 2001 15:26:55 -0800

On Mon, 19 February 2001, "George Kenney" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My name is George and I'm a new Leicaholic.
>
> Tho I don't take pictures much, recently I bought an M6 .85 after
> looking at it in a store. Another M6 (.58) and a few lenses later
> (50/2; 75/1.4; 35/1.4; and Voigtlander 15/2.8) I'm getting ready to
> take a photography class to learn how to use all this great stuff. I
> haven't, however, been able to get the acquisition bug to be still, so
> I'm wondering what other lenses might be good/useful. (After this
> wild spending spree my girlfriend has imposed a limit of one new
> lens per month, so a full set of further acquisitions will take a while.)
>
> Anyhow, here're two questions for those with patience enough to
> tolerate newbies:
>
> 1) Would the Noctilux; the 28/2 (when it comes out); and the 24/2.8
> make sense? And tho I'm not much interested in longer lenses,
> would the 90/2 ASPH give much greater/different coverage than
> what I get with the 75/1.4 (which I love -- it takes better snapshots
> for me than I've ever taken in my life)?

Welcome, George.  My name is Doug and I'm a Leica(flex)ahoic.  What makes most sense to me is to use what you have for a while, before spending more rent $$ on a new ASPH or other lens; learn the strengths and weaknesses (if any - this is an obligatory disclaimer) of your new toys before loading yourself up with more stuff than you know what to do with.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe