Subject: [Leica] Leica Oriented Workshops/Fieldtrips - GPP
From: "goldframe" <goldframe1@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 09:03:58 -0700

Has anyone on this list attended one of these sessions??

Thought some of you would be interested in this photo workshop info – it is
Leica oriented, but I’m sure all are welcome.  They do have Leica equipment
that you can try, with extensive handbook and instructions.  I’m not
affiliated with this group.  Just waiting till I have the time and the money
to go to these workshops.

Global Preservation Projects (GPP) had 1999 workshops in Big Sur, Las Vegas,
Slot Canyons, Monument Valley, Silverton & Durango, Bodie, Tonopah & Ely,
Nantucket and Death Valley.  They get access to areas off limits to the
public.  Workshop cost is between $500 - $700 (1999) and are between 3 to 6
days.  They choose the shoot times based on sun & moon angles for precise
effects.  When I spoke to Tim Morse he described how they set up on
particular shoot – in the Slot Canyons they go in and are set up to
photograph the interiors of the canyons and when the moon rises they open
the aperture and leave it open for several hours.  So as the moon moves
through the skies it “paints” with the reflected moon light the deep
interior of these canyons (just an example).  Sounds very cool to me.

I have not been able to go on one of the shoots yet – but I will.

Global Preservation Projects
PO Box 30866
SANTA BARBARA CA 93130

(805) 536-1234