Subject: Re: [Leica] OT MF RF
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 11:54:38 -0800

Some of these hotsey totsey art directors will on occasion redesign a magasine
and make it almost square.
We've seen this time and time again.
A Square magazine is harder to turn pages. You can't just flip though them as
fast and not savor the nice design and nice ads on every single page.
It's almost always does not last too long though.
They have a harder time selling ads whose layouts are optimized to be more rectangular.
And they have a kind of precious look to them.
I'll admit to not liking the squared magazines so much.

I like to flip though them to see if I'm looking at one of those special
"nothing in it" issues!.....
that I'm so fond of not shelling out for!!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon
USA
updated temporary Website by "Foxy": http://spokenword.to/rabiner/
(consisting of late night E-mail descriptions of photos)