Subject: [Leica] 2.8/150 Leitz Elmaron: The Straight Skinny
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 23:24:00 -0500

At 10:40 PM 2/20/2001 -0500, Dan Post wrote:
>I have come across a strange Leitz lens, one that looks like it might be a
>lens for an overhead projector- it is marked:
>Leitz Elmaron 150mm f 2,8

<sigh>  Oh, Danny Boy, how can we get you to see reason?  Buy books,
laddie!  Try Laney's LEICA COLLECTORS GUIDE, where we are advised that the
2.8/150 Elmaron, Leitz catalogue code 37030, was introduced in 1964 to
replace the earlier UFPHY/37030 Dimaron of even specification.  The lens
was originally introduced for service on the Prado 250 and 500 slide
projectors but was used, as well, on the most magnificent Prado Universal,
the Pradovit-Color, the Pradovit CA 2502, the Pradolux, the Pradovit TA,
the Pradovit RC, and the Pradovit R 150 and RA 150.  I would suspect it was
phased out around 1982 or so, but I am too bloody tired to go chase up the
trove of old Leitz catalogues I keep hidden next to that Single-Malt Pot
Still in the basement.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!