Subject: RE: [Leica] Macro adapter with lenses other than Macro-Elmarit-R 60mm
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 12:37:33 -0000

Ray,
Yes this adapter was dedicated to the 60mm Macro Elmarit. Code 14198.
There was also another macro adapter ring specifically dedicated to the
Macro Elmar 100 F4 lens. Code 14262, this is engraved '100'.
There was eventually (1981) a macro adapter for all R-lenses, code 14256.
This replaced the previous 1:1 adapters originally supplied for the Macro
lenses, this new adapter cannot be used on Leicaflex cameras though.

If you're looking for extension tubes to use with any lens, these were/are
also made and come in three parts, the front and rear mounts being bayonet,
the remaining four joints being screw! Bizarre but true, only Leitz!
Jem