Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: "less than efficient Rollei service?"
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 07:42:26 -0800

I guess I stayed away from this argument long enough, but attacking
Rollei service is a low blow. For nearly 30 years I, and many of my
friends, have had nothing but the best service from Rollei. It is fast,
reliable, conscientious, and courteous whether across a counter or over
the telephone. Like Jim, my problems have been with used gear, bought
from individuals who talked a great story about their gear, but wouldn't
know how to find a service dept. for a routine CLA from their you know what.
As far as using anything other than a Rollei, well, why even waste
arguing about it. I've owned Fuji, Mamiya, Konica, Rollop, Ikonta,
Graphic, tried Pentax, and Hasselblad in MF. But nothing makes a photo
editor, and me at times, pause like looking at chromes or B/W squares
from a Rollei. I still get asked, after all these years, what am I
shooting with.
For great, and I mean great, Rollei prices give Samy's a call. They been
buying up other dealers inventories and blowing the stuff out the door.
All with US warranty.

Slobodan Dimitrov