Subject: RE: [Leica] looney for chrome?
From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 15:30:28 -0500

> You are wrong: the car, household appliances, computer, etc., are
> utilitarian objects, not fashion objects.

You are probably not married then?  Or you have married someone from an
Eastern Block country who does not watch TV or get out much ;-)

> >but if you are using it as a tool, then what color it is is
> >nothing but mental masturbation.
>
> Were you mentally masturbating when you chose the finish (or
> model) of your
> Leica?

Nope.  Black it is.  The chrome isn't chrome anyway, it's satin...

I am mentally masturbating over a non-TTL M6, or a TTL M6, simply because
the shutter speed dials rotate in the opposite direction, and I tend to
change it blindly...

> What I understood: you're not a collector
> and you don't think people should obsess about the finish of their camera,
> exactly what I wrote in my post.

Da.