Subject: [Leica] UV light 200yrs
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 09:28:26 +0200

The existance of UV light was proven 200 years ago to-day by a German
by the name of Ritter. His other interests in life were occultism,
women, alcohol and gaming. He died in 1805 at age 33.

With UV light becoming stronger each year due to the ozone layer
getting thinner, it is surprising the filter manufacturers have not
yet started using this as an argument for selling more filters. I
have filters on all my lenses, not to protect the front element, no,
I  have them because of those UV rays.

Chris
- --
Christer Almqvist