Subject: Re: [Leica] regarding Tri-X
From: "Juan J. Buhler" <jbuhler@pdi.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 10:35:31 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Phil Sudberry wrote:

> Confused here---I have not been following photography closely, obviously.
> Has Kodak Tri-x (125 asa) been discontinued or name changed or.......?
> I don't see it in shops anymore and one mail order outfit (cameraworld)
> yesterday said they don't carry it. Is T-max a new version or has Tri-X been
> renamed?

Tri-X is either 400 or 320asa. You might be thinking about Plus-X,
which is 125.

T-max is a different emulsion, with somewhat sharper yet more
"technical" grain. Some people consider it less pleasant than Tri-X,
which has a classic look.

I certainly doubt Tri-X will be discontinued anytime soon.

HTH,

 Juan J. Buhler | FX Animator @ PDI | http://www.crosswinds.net/~jbuhler