Subject: Re: [Leica] black tape
From: Cmrausr@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 17:23:18 EST

Dave,

Replacing the foam that lines the back of the camera is a relatively easy job
that you can either pay a repair guy $50+ to do, or do it yourself. If you go
to micro-tools.com, they sell foam with adhesive already in place that you
use to replace the old stuff. You just have to do a thorough job of cleaning
the old material out of the grooves, then get the old adhesive out with some
denatured alcohol. After it's good and dry, peel the backing off the foam and
press it into place. It'll take you an hour, and cost less than ten bucks.

Scott Stewart