Subject: [Leica] I've posted a few pictures
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 01:53:34 -0800

OK, gang, I'm about to stick my neck out.  I've posted a few pictures at

http://www.2alpha.com/~pklein

Note:  The server is slow to respond, but once it does, the page loads quickly.

The picture on the main page is a point-and-shoot shot, but it will give
you a vague idea of what I look like, assuming you care.  From there, go to
"Current Pictures" to see a couple of shots from the first SLUG gathering,
with Kyle Cassidy as guest of honor.  There's also a couple of shots of
some good friends, and three pictures from the chamber music concert I
photographed last weekend.  The latter are not very good, but since I
talked about 'em, I figured I should show them.  The concert shots are
taken with an 85/1.9 Canon, the rest with a 35/2 pre-asph Summicron.

Disclaimers and Lamebrained Excuses:  This is the first time I've shot B&W
in nearly 20 years.  This is the first time I've put up a Web page.  It's
also the first time I've scanned pictures (4x6 prints from Seattle Film
Works, scanned in a hurry on a flatbed at work).  I don't have Photoshop or
anything like that--I just took the raw scans, cropped them and adjusted
the gamma in Irfanview, and applied a "sharpen" mask.  And I'm still
testing my equipment, which I only bought recently.

I feel a little foolish not showing my best, but if I waited until I was
satisfied, I'd never post anything.

- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA