Subject: Re: [Leica] M4-2 vs M4-P
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <joseph@yao.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 22:37:48 +0800

And do not over look that the M4-2 and early M4-P had brass top cover and
later M4-P had zinc top cover.  With the former you can have it painted
black.

I recently bought a new old stock M4-2 top cover and as we speak it is being
painted black.  I will graft this black paint top cover to one of my user M6
classics and I shall have a black paint M6 classic, which Leica would no
doubt deem too expensive to produce.  As icing an the cake I shall have a M3
advance lever fitted too, and Tom A will provide a Rapidwinder, a
Rapidwinder and a Softrelease, all in gloss black, to match.

Isn't it fun when you can have something custom built inexpensively that
Leica won't produce?  Perhaps Cosina can build an R mount 28-70/2.8 ASPH
without too much fiasco?! ;-)

Cheers,

Joseph