Subject: Re: [Leica] Lense testing...
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 11:16:01 -0500

Wouldn't it make more sense (and be a lot less expensive) to just take some
regular photos with and without a filter, and see if there is any
noticeable difference?   Speaking for myself, I have already done this and
convinced myself that there is no difference, and no amount of optical
bench testing will convince me that one of my identical images appears
better than the other.

By the way, have any of you seen the article by Erwin in the current Leica
Fotographie?   Let me quote from the articles summary:

"Many photographers deliberately refuse to employ filters, even in those
cases where it would appear advisable.  They are just too worried about
image quality.  However, it is quite reasonable to protect lenses by means
of a filter - without paying for it through a deterioration of image
quality."  © Erwin Puts.

Dan C.

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Lense testing...)
Reply from Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] Filters and Lens Testing)