Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: DR Summicron, Reconsidered
From: "Ken Iisaka" <ken@iisaka.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 18:02:41 -0800

> Okay, I just did my first truly serious test of black and white on my DR
> Summicron.  The results -- with both Tri-X and TMZ at 1600 -- are
gorgeous.
> I'm thinking of keeping this lens after all.  *Nevertheless*, the bokeh
> issue is there:  no denying that the lens goes double-line (ie. nissen)
out
> of focus.  Am I the only one to notice this with the Dual Range?  (The
lens
> is in superb shape -- I'm pretty sure it's not sample variation.)

Yes, nisen-boke in the background is definitely evident with this lens.
However, it does produce gorgeous BW negatives.  You also notice much coma
in the corners.  It can be quite bothersome, at least to me.

Anyone wants to trade a pre-ASPH 7-element 35mm Summicron with my DR in at
least EX+ condition, with eyes and a eye case?