Subject: [Leica] CRM PAW Week 8
From: "Marshall, C.R." <C.R.Marshall@uwsp.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 09:20:31 -0600

Week 8 went up over the weekend.

http://my.voyager.net/~cmarshal/wk082001.htm

My alternate this week is the same picture as the original, only reversed.
My scanner creates a flipped image that I have to reverse. In some ways, I
like the reversed image better. The line of shoes does a better job of
leading the eye to the shopper in the alternative. Her view leads you back
to the shoes. It seems more active somehow. In the original, she leads you
to the shoes, the shoes lead you out of the picture, and that is the end of
the story.

I would also be interested in comments on cropping. I put her eyes about
1/3rd of the way down and left some space behind her, centering her in hir
1/3rd of the frame. The shoe racks take most of the right 2/3rds.

I have been sitting around reading books about lighting and composition. We
will see if they make any difference in the pictures over the next few
weeks.

Comments welcome.

C.R. Marshall
http://my.voyager.net/~cmarshal/pow2001.htm