Subject: Re: [Leica] O.T. (Wireless modem connection for computer)
From: "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 09:25:59 -0800

You can buy a device from R-S or any major electronics store that runs a new
outlet through the AC wiring and plugs.  One wall wart plugs in at an AC
plug near an existing telphone jack, and also plugs into the telephone jack.
Another wall wart plugs into another AC plug where you want the new phone
jack.  You then plug the modem/telephone line into that wall wart.
Hardwiring a new jack is probably better, but more trouble.  I had a
Ricochet wireless modem, which was 28.8 and seemed slow at that; now they
have 112k wireless, but they want $75/month for the service.  You'd have to
see if its available in your location, at www.ricochet.net .

Tom