Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Anyone else notice?
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: 26 Feb 2001 11:16:43 -0800

On Mon, 26 February 2001, bampolsk@csc.com wrote:

> Personally, the only thing important to me about the price of Leica
> equipment is what it will cost me to purchase.  Beyond that, I really don't
> care about the investment value of my cameras and lenses.  First and
> foremost, they are tools.  Second, they are wonderful heirlooms that my
> children will inherit when I drop off the perch.   I am already inculcating
> in them a deep appreciation of the beauty and quality of Leica equipment
> and why they really don't need all those automatic cameras

Same for me.  The problem of the initial cost is more a "sticker shock" problem because when amortized over the useful life of the equipment, the annual cost approaches nil.  As for the heirloom aspect ... the boof, not quite 13 years old, has claimed my R stuff for when I'm no longer able to use 'em, and for several years has known that the Leicas are "the good stuff".  Sadly, the older daughter has taken a different approach to photography, but ... to each her own ...

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe