Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux Canada or Germany?
From: ray tai <razerx@netvigator.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 23:29:53 +0800

> Are there any manufacturing plants in
> Germany?  Are there even any German employees?

A "brand" takes on a life of its own beyond the people who originally created
it and will survive the people who currently operates it. What kills a brand
is the destruction of goodwill.  Cosina designed/manufactured products may
not be as legendary as the original Voigtlander products but its current line
up doesn't exactly give the brand a bad image (pun intended).  Would you
rather see the Voigtlander brand die a slow death or thrive with quality
products under its moniker regardless of the nationality of the employee?  I
recently saw brand new Praktika screw lenses on display at a local dealer and
looking at the quality I thought that brand deserved better.

Message from Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] Noctilux Canada or Germany?)
Message from Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] Noctilux Canada or Germany?)